I am a proponent of the Crazy Sexy Diet by Kris Carr and have decided to follow her 21 Day Cleanse starting tomorrow. I have never done a detox or cleanse, so this will be a new experience for me.
When I was first diagnosed with breast cancer, I ran out and bought Kris Carr's books and a juicer. I probably juiced three or four times and gave up. It's not easy. You have to make fresh juice every day or every other day, depending on how many veggies you are juicing. It takes about an hour to make enough juice for two days. Given all the benefits of juicing, it is time well spent. I just need to get back into it!
Here is a checklist from the book that I will use for the next 21 days to keep myself on the right path:
- Did you abstain from coffee?
- Did you abstain from alcohol?
- Did you abstain from gluten?
- Did you abstain from animal products?
- Did you abstain from sugar and choose low-glycemic fruits and better alternatives such as stevia or agave nectar?
- Did you dry brush today?
- Did you clean your sinuses with a neti pot? (I won't be doing this one!)
- Did you move your body for at least 35 minutes?
- Did you meditate for 15 to 20 minutes?
- Did you chew your meals thoroughly and mindfully?
- Did you laugh out loud and tell someone you love him or her today?
- Did you spend time in nature? Even five minutes is better than nothing?
- Did you get 8 hours of uninterrupted sleep?
- What did you eat today and did you juice?
- How much purified water did you consume. Include fresh veggie juices in your calculation.
- What supplements did you take?
- How was your elimination? (TMI!)
- What time did you stop eating? Three hours before bedtime is optimal.
- How do you feel physically?
- How do you feel emotionally?
For those of you who know me personally, you know that it will not be easy for me to give up coffee or alcohol. But I feel like it's time. It's time for me to do something really positive for my health over these next three weeks.
Care to join me?