Fast forward 35 years and that saying now means a whole lot more to me. It's still a cliche, and even a little sappy. But it is true.
Tomorrow is the one year anniversary of my breast cancer diagnosis. I really don't care for the term "cancerversary." A cancer diagnosis is nothing to celebrate, but surviving the diagnosis is.
Today I embark on the next phase of my cancer experience - survival. Like many breast cancer survivors, I will be taking tamoxifen for the next five years with the sole purpose of preventing a recurrance. Today is Day 1 of 1825.
I want to be right here, updating this blog in five years. I have thought about some potential future posts that I hope to write:
- How I Lost All My Chemo Weight
- Another Year of Clean Scans
- Just Celebrated My 29th Wedding Anniversary!
- Enjoyed Another Fabulous Vacation This Year
- June 1, 2017 - Five Years and NO CANCER!
Thanks for reading.